StudioCoast provides its Hybrid VPS service for free on all VPS plans. This guide will explain how to install a PFX file any VPS for customers that have chosen to opt-out of the Hybrid VPS service for an unmanaged service.
The steps below are for Windows Server 2012 R2 running IIS 8.5 however the process is nearly identical for IIS 7, IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.
Importing the Certificate
1. First double click on the PFX file, this will bring up the Certificate Import Wizard. Select Local Machine and press Next
2. Ensure the file name is correct and select Next
3. Type in the PFX password provided by our support staff. If you are unsure of this password please contact StudioCoast support. Press Next
4. Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and press Next.
5. Press Finish to complete the Import Wizard.
Enabling the New SSL Certificate in IIS
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Select the site the SSL will be applied to. In this case the site is called testb. Then on the right hand side select Bindings
3. In the Site Bindings windows select Add.
4. First select https as the type. In the IP address windows select the unique IP address. Each SSL certificate does require a unique IP address. If you purchased the SSL certificate through StudioCoast this is included in the SSL price. The Port should remain at 443. Host name field should be left blank. In the dropdown list select the SSL certificate in the previous steps and press OK.
The SSL certificate is now installed. If you have not already done so the DNS will need to be updated to point to the dedicated IP address.